- Improper use of equipment can lead to etching, impairment to the structural integrity, or destruction of the surfaces treated. For softer stone surfaces made of a more fragile material, this presents as early degradation of the stone and leads to flaking or chipping away of the material. For stucco and painted surfaces, this presents as etching, discoloration, and oxidation. Etching is a process where the top layer of the surface is damaged by excessive pressure. Surfaces that have been etched can be viewed as having engraved lines or swirls on the surface. For wood surfaces this presents as fraying or breakage in the material. This can be seen in fences that are “fuzzy’” to the touch. For metal surfaces, this can be discoloration, oxidation, or denting. Over time these outcomes will decrease the useful life of the treated surfaces.
- Organic growth cannot be stopped with water and pressure alone. Black streaks/ stains and algae growth that appears on surfaces after wetter weather or in areas with less drainage can be difficult to treat and will grow back in a matter of weeks or months if not addressed appropriately. The cleaning solutions our company uses are designed to not only remove the staining left by organic growth, but also to remove the organic growth. This ensures that the treated surface stays cleaner for a much longer period, in some cases for years.
- Protection of your property, landscaping, and plants is a key consideration in our services. House washing performed improperly can lead to damage of outdoor furniture, fixtures, and plants. In extreme cases, it can lead to the need to replace entire flowerbeds full of plants. Our team is knowledgeable on all processes, techniques, and cleaning agents used and have experience in protecting your property.
House washing, sometimes referred to as soft washing or exterior house cleaning, is a core part of a home’s exterior maintenance. The soft washing process not only improves the overall appearance of your home exterior, but it can also make your home more energy efficient and mitigate any harmful organic growth from degrading the underlying material. For central Texas, this service is often key to removing black organic growth streaks left on walls near oak trees or algae growth from local weather and humidity. Our experts advise having these surfaces cleaned annually.
Spruced Up is a top-rated service provider in the San Antonio, Texas area with over 15 years of industry experience in exterior house cleaning. We are fully insured and ready to serve! Our experts will deliver the quality you expect and the service you deserve. Whether you’re preparing for an event, performing regular maintenance, or just sprucing up, we can help!
House Washing services include:
- Exterior Structure Soft Washing
- Small Debris Removal
- Algae Stain Remediation
- Mold, Mildew, and Organic Growth Stain Remediation